Journey beginning and ending at Buenos Aires,
Available: 2020-11-07 to 2020-11-18 starting from $9321 AUD
Available: 2020-11-17 to 2020-11-28 starting from $9321 AUD
“If Antarctica were music it would be Mozart. Art, and it would be Michelangelo. Literature, and it would be Shakespeare. And yet it is something even greater; the only place on earth that is still as it should be. May we never tame it.” ― Andrew Denton
This classic Antarctica expedition cruise is perfect way to experience spectacular wildlife and natural beauty. Enjoy five full days in Antarctica with landings and ice-boat cruising, as well as chances to kayak, hike and much more. Join this unforgettable adventure aboard new hybrid powered expedition ship, MS Fridtjof Nansen.
Day 1 – Arrive Buenos Aires
This adventure starts with an overnight stay in Buenos Aires, the bustling capital of Argentina. Spend the evening at your leisure and discover `Paris of South America´ for yourself or extend your stay by an optional pre-programme to explore Wild Patagonia.
Day 2 – Flight to Ushuaia & embarkation
Fly early in the morning to Ushuaia, where MS Fridtjof Nansen awaits. Once on board, you kick off your journey with a Welcome dinner.
Days 3 – 4 – At Sea, Crossing the Drake Passage
Prepare yourself for Antarctica as you cross the famed Drake Passage. MS Fridtjof Nansen is designed to make polar exploration a pleasure for all ages and learning levels. There will be lectures on the environment, films about Antarctica in the Science Center, and the ship offers a pool, hot tubs and Wellness Center to enhance your journey.
Days 5 – 9 – Welcome to Antarctica
Welcome to the most remote area on Earth! Come ashore to explore the breathtaking Antarctic scenery and encounter penguins. From the deck, there will be ample opportunities to sight whales and seals. The places you visit are serene and offer opportunities to observe different types of Antarctic wildlife, including penguin colonies, seals, whales, glaciers, icebergs in every shape and colour, whaling stations and scientific stations.
The activities are exciting and varied. One day you will go ashore to see penguins and hear the crackling sounds of glaciers. The next day, you may get to feel the wind as you cruise amid the sea ice, looking for seals. Another day you may choose optional kayaking or a walk. Onboard photographer will be on hand to show you the basics of expedition photography to capture these amazing experiences.
Days 10 – 11 – Heading back to civilisation – At Sea, Drake Passage
After exploring this exhilarating continent, you set course back to civilisation. Spend the day at sea recapping your experiences, having fun in the Science Center or just relaxing on deck, spotting the many sea birds which follow our ship.
Day 12 – The End of the Adventure
Your expedition cruise ends as you reach Ushuaia, and you get transferred to the airport for your flight back to Buenos Aires. For more adventure, you can extend your stay and enjoy optional Post-programmes.
- Hurtigruten Expedition Cruise in cabin grade of your choice with full board
- One hotel night in Buenos Aires before the voyage including breakfast & transfer from hotel to airport
- Return economy flights Buenos Aires to Ushuaia
- Transfers in Ushuaia including one orientation tour
- Activities including ice-cruising and onshore exploration with the Expedition Team
- Professional English-speaking Expedition Team
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment neededfor optional and included activities
- lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture of the destinations you will visit and onboard library
- Introduction photo lecture
- Wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track, gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions
- Optional small-group adventures with the Expedition Team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability contingent on weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo programme with the Expedition Photographer
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
To find out more or to book this incredible tour, contact Globetrotter Lifestyle today!